Saturday, March 29, 2008

Our Anniversary Date

This is how our "special" day unfolded ...

Domenick and I went to a Spring Training Game, Mets vs Braves at Tradition Field in Port St. Lucie. We sat right behind the home plate end of the Braves dugout. Great seats, thanks to Andy from The Stuart News.

It was a little too chilly to wear Bonanno's so I didn't capture a photo for "Where in the World ..." Before we headed to the game we had to make 2 "MUST" stops ...

First stop: To get a cigar for Domenick at our local Tabacconist in downtown Stuart.
His pride and joy ... the Jeep.

















Next Stop: Wheatgrass Juice for moi.
(Side Note: Since we've turned 50, I've been watching what I eat and have been working on eliminating all processed Sugars, Salt, Dairy, and more ... two years ago I gave up Coffee and Meat). It's always a challenge.

















Off we go ...
Traditions Field is about 20 miles North/West of our Store












It was the 7th inning stretch. I was singing "Take me out to the ball game"

















One Die-hard Braves Fan ...
















For those of you who can't wait for season to begin, here are a few shots of the game ...
I can't tell you who is up at bat or even the final score of the game.
We had to leave in the 8th inning to make sure Rippy was walked. When we left it was a pretty close game ...



















































... but I do know who's sitting in the dugout ... Mets Manager, Willie Randolph.
One of Domenick's all time Yankee favorites.

















Later that evening Domenick took me to "Gazebo Cafe" in Jupiter. We arrived a little early so we sat at the bar until our table was ready.















Domenick had the beef tenderloin and I ordered their famous Fillet of Sole flown in from Holland. It was prepared over a fire in front of our table, the bones were removed and the plate set beautifully with assorted veggies. I passed up the rich sauce they had to drizzle over the fish and went with squeezed lemon juice. It was out of this world.

My dessert was fresh blueberries, blackberries and Raspberries, and again I passed up the rich sauce for dipping. Domenick had delicious looking cream puffs topped with vanilla ice cream, drizzled with dark semi sweet chocolate over the whole thing. Yummy.

It was a fantastic French restaurant recommended by one of our good friends (and a great customer, who just so happens to be Wyndi's Mom). We would definately go back and we also recommend it highly.

That's all folks!
The end of a perfect day.