Thursday, June 18, 2009

Saving the Brick and Mortars our Nation is built on

With Mom & Pop shops closing all around us, one of our downtown shop owners, concerned, handed me a 4" x 8" piece of paper with the message below and said he was leaving it on his counter as a friendly reminder to his customers ... It hit home. I found it interesting and wanted to share it with you.

Three.
Think about which three independently owned businesses you'd miss most if they were gone. Stop in and say hello. Pick up a little something that will make someone smile. Your dollars are what keeps those businesses around.

Fifty.
If just half the employed US population spent $50.00 each month in independently owned business their purchases would generate more than $42.6 billion in revenue, which goes back into the economy.

One.
The number of people it takes to start the trend ... you!

So, I started thinking of my three favs, which I must admit, I find myself too busy to visit on a regular basis ... I'm making a promise to myself today to change that. Even if it's a little something that I purchase each time, I want to send the message that I'd miss them if they were gone.

1) E & J Cigars
6582 S Kanner Hwy Stuart, FL 34997

2) Puppuccino Pet Boutique (My favorite just recently closed her doors and went on-line.)

3) Peggys Natural Foods
5839 SE Federal Hwy Stuart, FL 34997

I'm also going to seek out other independently owned shops that I've noticed along the way, but have never taken the time to check out.